Saturday, August 4, 2012

Our Little Rock Star

We call the NICU every morning for an update on Emma to see how her night was.  Today when I called I spoke to her nurse who told me that "Emma is doing great.  She's a little rock star."  When the doctors were doing rounds they were discussing how great Emma is doing and apparently that term was thrown out there.  Way to go little baby girl!!  Nothing changed from yesterday, not even the amount of food she's getting.  She's actually still on 18ml of milk every 3 hours and tolerating it very well.  They said she'd stay there for a while and they're actually keeping her there.  They're still adding enough to get it up to 26 calories per ounce as well.  As of now they haven't weighed her so we still don't know if she's finally hit the 2 pound barrier or not.  They weigh her at either 8pm or 11pm, and we left there around 7:30 tonight so we aren't sure if they've weighed her yet or not.  Check back tomorrow night for an update on that!

There's really nothing else to update everyone on tonight, so I'll keep this one short.  I hope you all have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment