Today was a very exciting day for Emma, she turned 1 month old today! Woo Hoo!! Happy One Month Birthday little Emma!! We love you very, very much, and we're so proud of you for all the strides you've made so far.
Emma continues to excel in her growth. They evaluate her every Friday for weight, length, and head circumference. She's well above where she was last Friday in all 3 of those categories! Her growth seems to be going along at the clip they would like to see, which is definitely a good thing. She's still 2 pounds, 10 ounces, as she was last night. She's approximately 14 inches long now, after being born at 12 and a half. And her head circumference has gone up 3 or 4 centimeters since birth as well, so she's growing at a good rate.
The only minor blip, and it was very minor, was her nasal cannula pressure had to be adjusted back to the 1.5 liters. They were able to drop her down to 1 liter yesterday, but she had a few very minor A's and B's overnight, so during rounds this morning the doctors made the decision to go back up on the pressure. They keep thinking she's ready for less. One of these days she is going to be ready for it and we'll all be very pleased.
Mommy and Daddy both got to hold her tonight. Mommy did her normal kangaroo, or skin to skin. Brit held her for about an hour and both Brit and Emma did fantastic with this time together. Emma held her vitals up very well. I got to swaddle her after Mommy was done. She didn't like the swaddling as much as she liked the kangaroo time. Her blood oxygen level kept dropping so the nurse came and put her back in her isolette. But I did change her diaper for the first time tonight! It was pretty exciting. Of course, I put it on backwards at first, as if it was the first diaper I've ever changed. I realized what I'd done and looked at the nurse and said "I've changed thousands of these things, I can't believe I just did that!" I don't think she believed me, though. She looked at me as if to say "Yeah, sure you have." But nonetheless, it was still a pretty exciting experience.
That's about all the updates we have for today. Hopefully the weekend ahead brings good developments for little Ms. Emma as she inches closer and closer to the 3 pound barrier. She's still got a good little ways to go before she gets there, but I'm sure it'll be here before we know it. I hope everyone has a great weekend! We'll keep you updated on Emma's progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment