Emma gained more weight last night. Hopefully this one will hold, it wasn't a ridiculous gain like the one from a couple nights ago. She's now up to 2 pounds, 10 ounces. She's now OFFICIALLY gained more than 1 pound from her birth weight. In celebration, I cracked open a beer in her honor when I got home this evening! Way to go Emma!
In other news, the doctors were able to reduce her air flow today a little bit. The high flow air is measured in liters. Before they dropped her all the way down to the "low flow" last week Emma was getting 2 liters of pressure into her nasal cannula. Yesterday when they reintroduced the high flow they started her on 1.5 liters of flow. Today they reduced it to 1 liter. She seems to be tolerating that very well, keeping her heart rate and breathing rate up, as well as her blood oxygen level. So they're confident that she's still developing as she should be.
Remember last week when I said the doctor came by and talked to me and gave me an estimated time frame for when he thought Emma would be going home, but told me not to hold him to it? Well, the reason I didn't post his estimate here was because he told me not to hold him to it. He spoke with Britne today and gave her a bit of a different window. Still a very reasonable one, but slightly longer than he'd initially told me. But still, we were pleased with what he said. If she keeps progressing as they think she will, our little Emma will be home with us sooner rather than later. Again, I'm not going to post his estimate here because I don't want anyone freaking out if things change again. But again, suffice it to say that we are OK with what we were told.
Emma had another good day today overall, with no A's and B's or anything negative at all. She's even taken a paci when eating the last couple days, which is a positive development. They look for cues that she's ready to start taking a bottle, and when they take a paci or put their hands to their mouth that usually means they're close to being ready to try a bottle. So we're pretty excited about that as well!
There's not as much to fill you in on tonight as there was last night, so I'll just keep this one relatively short. We hope you all have a great night!
No comments:
Post a Comment