Sunday, July 29, 2012

Status Quo

Uneventful is good, as I said last night.  Today Emma was a good patient again for the doctors and nurses at the NICU.  She kept up her trend of increasing her feedings.  She's up to 7.5ml per feeding today and tomorrow morning the plan is to increase her again to at least 8ml.  Also, as planned, they began fortifying her feeds today to add more nutrients to it.  The average caloric intake for an ounce of Mommy's milk is 20 calories.  They are starting off slowly with the fortification, making each ounce 22 calories.  I believe the plan is to slowly increase that as they also decrease the amount of IV fluids she take each day.  As previously stated, she should be completely off of IV fluids by Wednesday of this week.  She gained another ounce today, so she's now up to 1 pound 12 ounces, 6 ounces higher than her low weight.  That's right in line with their goal of adding an ounce to her frame every day.  So all in all, another good day for Emma today.

This was a big weekend for Emma.  She got to see all 4 of her grandparents, her aunt, and her sister twice!  Not to mention Mommy and Daddy.  All agreed that she seems to be filling out her tiny frame nicely as she packs on the "OZ's"...a phrase properly coined by the one and only Mommy.  Her chest and stomach definitely look to be beefier and her little arms and legs, and even her face appear to be plumping some as the days go on.  Britne and I see her every day, but even we can tell a difference.  We're so proud of our little fighter!!

I'm keeping this one short tonight, it's been a long week and the thought of having to face a Monday morning tomorrow is making me even more exhausted.  I hope all of you folks have a great night!  Thanks again for all your prayers.  I can't state enough how appreciated and important they are to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment